Children Learning Reading is every parent, teacher and child’s guide to learning how to read with a scientifically proven method that forgoes sight words and that focuses on the 44 sounds of the English language instead. But what’s wrong with sight words? Well, the problem is that children simply memorize the shapes of words instead of actually reading them. Not only that but many word shapes are the same as others which is why every parent or teacher can relate to a child looking at “bad” and thinking it says “hat”. This system actually teaches children how to read and it’s fun and enjoyable for both the adults and the children, sans any flashcards or “sight word” books to read each night, or any of the current methods that leave children confused and not reading at all. So, whether you’re looking to improve your child’s reading or are a teacher who is eager to make a difference in your students’ lives, here’s what you can expect from the Children Learning Reading program.
What is Children Learning Reading?
With the recent statistics showing just low the reading levels are across the globe, there’s no denying that whatever the method is that is currently being used isn’t working. Something has to be changed and that change is the Children Learning Reading program.
This online system focuses on teaching children the 44 sounds of the English language, as opposed to teaching them to memorize word shapes and configurations. By doing so, they can easily understand and read all English words quickly and effectively. It’s easier for the parents, for the teachers and for the children.
But how is that so, you ask?
To put it into perspective, there are only 44 sounds in the English language but there are over 170,000 words. It’s much easier for a child to learn the 44 sounds than it is to learn such a large number of words, based on their shapes that many of the words share. For example, children learn the sight word “they”, which looks the exact same at stay, play, and clay. This, for obvious reasons, causes confusion, as well as slowed and difficulty reading.
Children Learning Reading actually teaches the child how to read with step-by-step guides that teach them the 44 sounds of the English language. There are guides for teachers, parents and children, as well as lesson printouts, audio files, printable games and much more, all of which you receive immediate access to as soon as you purchase. I’ll dive into the details of these in just a moment but first, it’s worth mentioning that everything isn’t thrown at you – or your child right away. Instead, the system takes you and the little ones through a five-step process, which includes:
- Step 1 Manual: Phonics Foundations
- Step 2 Manual: Advanced Phonics Manual
- Step 3: Fun To Read Lesson Stories
- Step 4: Phonics Sounds – Letter Sound MP3 Audios
- Step 5: Common Sight Words and Children’s Rhymes Book
The best part is that you receive immediate access as soon as you purchase so you don’t have to wait or pay for shipping, or lug large books around with you from class-to-class or to different rooms in the house. You just go to the customer page and download the content right onto your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone. This makes it easy and convenient to do the teaching or the reading whenever and wherever your life, career or child takes you.
You even get a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee which gives you two months to try this new method out, so you just can’t go wrong with that.
Who is the Author of Children Learning Reading?
Jim Yang is the author of Children Learning Reading. He is a dad to three children, as well as a professional reading teacher. The method you learn in this program is being used by over 38,700 happy parents and teachers, and is used in several different countries to help teach children how to read.
Overview of Children Learning Reading
Children Learning Reading is a comprehensive guide for teachers, parents and children. It teaches you step-by-step instructions for learning the 44 sounds of the English language and comes with fun games to print off, downloadable books to read, easy-to-teach lesson plans, printouts and more.
Stage 1: Phonics Foundations
28 Reading Step-By-Step Reading Lessons
- Phonemic Awareness
- What is Phonemic Awareness?
- The Research Behind Phonemic Awareness
- The Importance of Blending
- Phonemic Awareness Development in Different Age Groups
- A Quick Note About Struggling Readers
- Developing Early Phonemic Awareness
- Smooth Blending and Choppy Blending
- The Importance of Repeated Practice and Exposure
- Systematic Synthetic Phonics
- What is Synthetic Phonics?
- Why Synthetic Phonics?
- About Synthetic Phonics and this Program
- About Sight Words
- Letter Names and Letter Sounds
- Synthetic Phonics and The Complexities of English
- What Reading Does for the Mind
- The Matthew Effect in Reading
- Reading and Vocabulary Growth
- The Importance of Home Support for Literacy Development in Children
- Reading Comprehension
- Decoding and Word Recognition
- The Necessity of Continued Sounding Out and Blending Practices
- Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension
- The First Steps
- How Much Time Should We Spend on Lessons?
- What if My Child Already Knows All the Letters and Sounds?
- The Importance of Learning and Teaching the Proper Sounds
- About Struggling Readers
- Voiced and Unvoiced Sound Pairs
- Doing Stretchy Bends and Troubleshooting Various Blending Problems
- Teaching Capital and Lowercase Letters
- Getting Your Child to Cooperate
- My Best Advice: Setup a Regular Daily Routine and Schedule
- Talk To Your Child, At the SAME Level
- Simple Tips and Ideas for Motivation
- How to Teach Reading and Present Lessons
- Reading Left to Right
- Teaching Letters and Letter Sounds
- Always Point to Where You Are Reading
- Point and Swipe
- Font Used – Verdana
Stage 2: Advanced Phonics Manual
Topics + 22 Step-By-Step Reading Lessons
- Teaching Digraphs and Diphthongs
- Oh, The Complexities
- Guided Reading and Books
- The Schwa
- Synthetic Phonics and The Complexities of English
- Point and Swipe
And you also receive:
- Lesson Printouts for Stage 1
- Lesson Printouts for Stage 2
- Reading Bingo Game Printouts
- Fun to Read Lesson Stories
- Phonetic Sounds – Letter Sound MP3 Audios
- Common Sight Words and Children’s Rhymes Book
Children Learning Reading is every parent and teacher’s guide to helping little ones learn how to read – how to really, actually read. It makes learning and teaching fun for everyone involved, and it even includes printable games and lesson plans, activities and much more to make the entire process fun. With the 60 Day Money Back Guarantee, you have two months to see if the “reading difficulties” your child(ren) is experiencing is them, or the current method they’re being taught.
The post Children Learning Reading Review appeared first on Lakeport Chamber.