The Everygirl is looking for new contributing beauty writers to join our growing team! We champion diverse writers who enjoy writing about their own experiences and interests. We believe that beauty goes beyond foundation and hairspray; it’s a hobby and a way to express ourselves, and we’re looking for writers who have similar insights.
Claim Your Spot →
If you are interested, please follow the directions below. We can’t wait to read your applications!
Beauty Writer for The Everygirl
Do you love following the latest skincare trends, watching makeup tutorials on YouTube, changing your hairstyle, or talking about beauty with your BFFs? We’re looking for vibrant, diverse, and excited writers who love nerding-out over beauty products, sharing their latest favorites, and lusting after new products. You’ll write, brainstorm, and pitch exciting new, engaging beauty content for The Everygirl site, working directly with our Associate Editors. If you’ve ever read our site and wished you could tell people about that one product you swear by or the trend you’re most excited to rock next season, you’ll shine in this role.
We’re looking for writers to contribute in the following categories:
- Product reviews
- Beauty for Black women and Women of Color
- Hair for a variety of textures and hair types
- Shopping round-ups
- Makeup, hair, and skincare trends
- Be comfortable with Google Docs
- Have a strong comprehension of AP Style and grammar and be able to follow The Everygirl Media Group Style Guide
- Have experience writing both short round-ups and intros and long-form beauty editorials
- Be up-to-date on the latest beauty trends and constantly be thinking about new story ideas
- Be available to pitch and write at least 1-2 articles a month
Please send applications to email@example.com with the subject “Contributing Writer—BEAUTY.” Please include a little bit about yourself and what you’re hoping to write about, 1-3 writing samples, if you have interview experience, and 3-5 beauty pitches you’d like to see on the site. A pitch includes a headline and 1-3 sentences detailing what the article will be about.
The email application should have no attachments. Only links. These can be links to your portfolio website, dropbox folder, or google drive folder. If using dropbox or google drive, please make sure the link is not private.
All applications must be received by December 23, 2020 at 5:00 p.m CST.
The post The Everygirl Is Looking for Beauty Writers! appeared first on The Everygirl.